Shoppers at Kohl's department store in Secaucus, New Jersey were evacuated Sunday night after an 'unknown substance' created fumes, sickening many. According to reports, the incident took place around 9pm and employees asked shoppers to evacuate the store after customers that came in contact with the unknown substance began to fall ill. Complaints ranged from coughing, choking and vomiting. While officials have yet to state the cause of the sickened customers, they have explained there is no indication of a gas leak in the building at this time. Via CBS
The substance seemed to be coming from the front of the store by the cash registers, Webb reported. Witnesses said some shoppers were coughing, choking and even vomiting. Officials said at least a dozen people were affected. Firefighters and ambulances were still on scene treated sick store goers at around 11 p.m. Sunday night. “It was in the air and everybody had it all around the registers,” John Seboroski, a shopper, said. “When I got outside, my wife was in pretty bad shape.”Watch below: The investigation into the incident is still on going, we will update as new details surface.